NO MATTER THE EVOLUTION OF THE DELIVERY PLATFORM, my career as an information architect has been built upon:
• An utmost respect for the written word.
• Organized and timely project management.
• Innovations galore.
• A burning desire to push creative boundaries.
• The ability to conceptualize, create and unleash the full power and potential of robust multimedia, as well as traditional and social media.
I HAVE DEMONSTRATED the ability
to elevate those around me through fair, decisive and approachable management while continually transforming my environments. As resources wane and delivery methods continue to evolve, I carefully assess each situation and leverage resources for maximum impact and results.
I BELIEVE A SKILLED MANAGER must exude confidence, earn trust and be a patient mentor; and be someone willing to roll up his sleeves and work along side his employees. I have found that initiative alleviates dependence, clear expectations eliminate the need for second-guessing, and the goals of the employer are met when shared rather than forced.
PERSONAL FULFILLMENT IS DERIVED
by challenging others to produce beyond their expectations. I demand superior efforts from those whose careers have been entrusted to my daily guidance and mentoring, and I expect no less from myself.
In the end, their success has been my greatest achievement!
• University of Central Missouri: Bachelor of Science degree in Public Relations
Twin minors: Journalism, Speech Communication.
University’s News Bureau Manager (2 years) and Sports Information Director (1 year).
• The Florida Times-Union
• The Cincinnati Enquirer
• The Sporting News
• St. Louis Post-Dispatch
• The Orlando Sentinel
• TODAY/FLORIDA TODAY
Associated Press Managing Editors
Associated Press News Editors
Florida Society of News Editors
National Press Photographers Association
National Association of Black Journalists
• National Newspaper Association Award for Best Reporting: Five-part investigation of allegations of major nuclear weapon violations at Whiteman Air Force Base (Mo.).
• Times Mirror Innovation Prize: For the ‘creation of new and useful products and/or services.
• Times-Mirror Chairman’s Award for Innovation: Presented at the company’s annual stockholders’ meeting and recognized as the most distinguished accomplishment within the entire company.
• Folio Magazine’s Award for Editorial Excellence: In recognitions of a single publication deemed best able to carry out its mission through writing, photography, art direction and overall presentation.
• Morris Award for Community Engagement.
• Gold Medal: (Top Five Gannett properties).
• First Amendment Award: (The Associated Press).
• Excellence In Journalism: (Press Club of Cleveland).
• Best Daily Newspaper and Best Website: (The Associated Press)
• Best Designer: (The Orlando Sentinel)
• REUTERS/CXENSE: Editors Lab and Hackdays
• GANNETT: Leadership 5.0 for Young Executives.
• GANNETT: Enquirer Leadership Institute (for top managers).
• TRIBUNE: Zenger-Miller.
• TRIBUNE: Leadership and Motivation.
• TRIBUNE: Managing Conflict in the Workplace.
• TRIBUNE: Appraising Employee Performances.
• POYNTER INSTITUTE: Problem Solving and Decision Making.
• POYNTER INSTITUTE: Innovations in Design Management.
• POYNTER INSTITUTE: Type Talk with Roger Black
© 2017 All rights reserved.